Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Random Act Of Kindness
UPDATE: I wanted to change this days story because lets be honest, the other one was kind of pointless. Also, a much more significant event took place later that evening which I felt deserved to be written about. The snowstorm which started as a light dusting in the morning apparently kicked into full force as soon as I left Connecticut. When I returned at around 6:45pm the town was covered in snow. Worst of all, my car had ice and snow all over it. Of course, I left my ice scraper in Justin's car so I had no idea how I was going to make it to my 7:00pm Marketing Research class. As I began uselessly trying to brush snow from the windshield, a nice man came up behind me, ice scraper in hand and asked if I needed some help. In record time, he had scraped most of the ice and snow off my car. After thanking him a thousand times, I was off to class and ended up being only 3 minutes late!
I think about this random act of kindness and smile. It was freezing and snowing. All that man probably wanted to do was get home to his family, his warm house and have dinner. Our positions reversed, I'm not sure I would have done the same thing. However, I am so thankful he did. It really made me stop and realize small acts of kindness such as this one really do make a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment