Monday, January 24, 2011

007 With A Twist (January 23rd)

This drink was the source of an extremely awkward and slightly embarrassing altercation with an unfriendly waitress. Let me give you a quick recap. Justin and I went out for brunch. He order a 007 with a twist (OJ, vodka and champagne) . Of course, I forgot my ID at home, so I stuck with coffee. Everything was going fine until I decided I would have a tiny sip of his cocktail. The waitress, who had been in a sour mood since the moment we sat down, rushed over and grabbed the drink off the table. She declared we were "breaking the law" and dumped it out. Unfortunately we had already ordered our food, so we couldn't get up and leave. However, Justin decided we should "hit the reset button". We got the food to go and headed back to his apartment. After dropping off the food (which did not look appetizing) and grabbing my ID we were back in action. We walked to Burtons Grill, a restaurant we've been to before and I love! The waiter who served us was friendly, attentive and pleasant. This time, we both ordered a 007. It was delicious and extremely satisfying. The food was great too! 

2 comments:

  1. Hahah, you are just as bad as Marisa, forgetting your ID! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was definitely thinking of Marisa when this happened haha!

    ReplyDelete