Monday, January 31, 2011
Orange Pancakes
I love Mondays. I don't have class which creates the loveliest three day weekend for me. This morning, Justin and I wasted no time deciding where to eat breakfast. I really wanted pancakes. Half joking, I told him I'd never been to IHOP. He decided we had to go. The closest IHOP was in a little town called Orange, Connecticut. It was only about a 20 minute drive from Fairfield. A fun fact about Orange, is that the community was named in honor of King William III of England, “The Prince of Orange.” When we got to IHOP it was a "jam fest" as Justin would say. I figured on a Monday morning, it could only be because of their all-you-can-eat pancake special. After sitting down and scanning the menu, I wanted everything on it. When it came time to order, the pancakes were a no brainer. In addition I ordered french toast, a vegetable and cheese omelet and the fruit bowl. Justin went with the breakfast sampler. Clearly, we weren't being shy. To my surprise we ate almost everything we ordered. I have to be honest though, by the end of the meal we couldn't even think about eating anymore pancakes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 word...egg beaters, mmmmmmm
ReplyDelete