Graduation day has finally arrived. Everyone was extremely tired from last nights festivities and it was quite difficult to drag myself out of bed this morning. After trying to make myself look somewhat presentable, Jess, Sam and I headed to the ceremony together. Unfortunately, it was raining and extremely cold out so we had to put on ponchos under our gowns.
When the ceremony finally began at 9:30am, the rain had stopped . It was such a surreal feeling walking into the ceremony and being watched by all of our family, friends, professors and Fairfield administration. Also, to our surprise, we learned that Donald Trump was a member of the audience as his sister was our commencement speaker. Pretty cool! (I saw him).
The ceremony was set up beautifully. I thought the Valedictorian's speech was especially inspiring and passionate. The red roses were exquisite.
Watching each member of the senior class walk up the stairs of the President's house and receive their diplomas from Father Von Arx, I couldn't help feeling a little sad that I may never see some of these people again. I really can't believe how fast the last four years have gone by and how much has changed since Freshman year.
After the ceremony was over, we all exited the same way we entered, but this time with college degrees and endless possibilities for the future.
As for me, I start work on Monday in NYC. My life is really going to begin and I can't even put into words how I'm feeling.

No comments:
Post a Comment