Eight months ago today, Justin asked me to be his girlfriend! To be honest, we both had no idea if we would even make it past the first week in September but we proved to ourselves and everyone else that we absolutely could. Although the distance hasn't always been easy, there's no denying he has made me a very, very happy girl. In fact, I've never been happier. I have no idea why we placed such emphasis on celebrating 8 months but we both agreed it felt right.
To celebrate we woke up relatively early and headed to our favorite brunch spot, Burtons. We shared the pancake special and a customized omelet. The pancakes were a delectable, espresso, chocolate chip flavor. Hands down, the best pancakes I've ever had. After brunch, we decided to do something outside. It was 60 degrees and sunny! Justin suggested we drive to Cape Cod. I'd never been and have always wanted to go. We drove to Chatham, a town recommended by my friend Kim who lives on the Cape. She was right, it was the perfect place to visit for a couple hours. I was in heaven walking on the beach, driving through the town (with the sunroof open) and taking in my beautiful surroundings.
For dinner Justin made reservations at the Top of the Hub. It was very special because the Top of the Hub is where we went on our very first date. We only went for drinks the first time, so this would be a new experience for us. We took the elevator in the Prudential Center all the way up to the top floor. Justin requested a table by the windows so we could see the spectacular view of the Boston skyline. All the lights of Boston sparkled against the dark sky. The view was breathtaking. After an exquisite meal and a couple glasses of a celebratory Rose, I felt completely content. It was the perfect end to a truly memorable day.
Happy eight months babe, I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment