Friday, March 25, 2011

Old San Juan

Today, the girls and I walked to Old San Juan. It was only about a half hour from our hotel. It was nice to stroll along the cobblestone streets and look at all the old townhouses and buildings. Sara and I were especially fascinated by all the little gift shops lining each street. Elena recommended a tiny restaurant called Mojitos for dinner. We wanted to try some authentic Puerto Rican food. We ordered the pollo empanada and the pollo mofongo sided with rice and beans. It was I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E. The portions were huge and full of flavor. DELICIOUS.

That night we all went out to La Plactia.  It was a lively place packed with bars and tons of people. We went to a few different bars throughout the night. After some tequila and a few glasses of wine, we were all craving some munchies. Unfortunately, we were not in a familiar area and didn't want to trek around looking for food. However, we did use the last of our bread and cheese to make delicious sandwiches back at the hotel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment